Bulk Billed Services
Centurion Healthcare now offers bulk billing for in-lab sleep studies (type 1) and home sleep study (type 2) services with minimal wait time.
What is a sleep study?
A polysomnogram, or sleep study, measures some of the processes that take place in your body while asleep. For a sleep study, tiny sensors are attached to your body to monitor brain waves, eye movement, heart rhythm, breathing, oxygen levels, muscle activity, and body position while you sleep. The data from your sleep study are then scored by a physician, who will diagnose sleep disorders and recommend a course of treatment.
Centurion Healthcare provides two types of sleep study: in-lab, and home-based. Click here to read more about these procedures, and how to prepare for them.
Why do a sleep study?
A sleep study is a straightforward and non-invasive procedure that tests for a number of sleep disorders. Having a sleep disorder can impact your health and wellbeing in a number of ways, from affecting personal and professional relationships to increasing your risk of adverse medical conditions. For instance, sleep apnoea, a condition which affects up to 38% of the general population, is associated with:
- Heart Disease in up to 50% of atrial fibrillation patients and 50% of heart failure patients.
- Stroke, the risk of which is increased twofold.
- A 65% increased risk of developing cancer.
- Type II diabetes. The International Diabetes Federation has recommended that patients who are treated for type II diabetes be considered for sleep apnoea treatment.
- Hypertension. 30% of general, and 80% of drug-resistant, high blood pressure patients have been found to have obstructive sleep apnoea.
- Depression, which obstructive sleep apnoea patients are five times more likely to be affected by than the general population.
Your sleep study will allow us to ascertain whether you suffer from sleep apnoea, or other sleep disorders, and develop a treatment plan that meets your needs and reduces the risk of these conditions.
Book your bulk billed sleep study today
To book a sleep study, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us on the number below, or use the enquiries box.
NSW: (02) 9798 2322
Locations: Ashfield, Auburn, Bankstown, Brookvale, Burwood, Camden, Campbelltown, Chatswood, Fairfield, Hurstville, Liverpool, Maroubra, Miranda, Mosman, Penrith, Woolooooloo.
VIC: (03) 9017 3631
Locations: Berwick, Boronia, Brunswick East, Frankston, Glen Waverley, Notting Hill, Thomastown.
QLD – Metro: (07) 3878 3635
Brisbane, Chermside, Indooroopilly.
QLD – Sunshine Coast: (07) 0455 398 677